Stanford Energy Club (Annual Grant and Special Fee Group)
|Special Fee type||Undergraduate Annual Grant|
|Total request amount||$13,877.10|
|Previous Special Fee amount||New request|
|Amount per Undergrad||$1.99 per year|
The mission of the Stanford Energy Club (SEC) is to foster a diverse energy community and enable interdisciplinary collaboration, knowledge exchange, and professional development.
Over the past seven years, the SEC has expanded rapidly to the reach a mailing list of over 2500 subscribers and a community at Stanford of several hundred students that share an interest and passion in addressing society’s energy challenges. In pursuing our mission, we:
- Host panels and lectures featuring prominent speakers from on and off campus, including CEOs, venture-capitalists, and policy-makers
- Host job fairs and networking nights to allow students to engage with company representatives working on energy technology, investment, policy and advocacy
- Compile a jobs board and events board to display the opportunities for students to participate in and learn more about the energy sector
- Publish blogs, articles, interviews, and podcasts covering a range of energy topics from solar to nuclear
- Convene communities of students from all across campus (business, law, engineering, social sciences, etc.) to expand their network and discuss specific topics, including energy storage, transportation, and energy in the developing world
- Sponsor student-led initiatives in energy
- Enable students to put their education to practice through pitch and case competitions
- Connect students with the work being done by Stanford institutes such as the Precourt Institute for Energy and the TomKat Center
We have historically raised funds from on-campus institutes and departments, but in order to continue growing the number and size of the events we host and to further serve the Stanford community, we will need an expanded budget in the years to come. For each of the past three years, we have received a record number of officer applications, and we seek the funds to support our increasing bandwidth. The SEC requests $13,877.10 from the ASSU Senate in order to assist us with room booking and catering for our many events, and for expanding our marketing reach to make sure that more students are able to attend and participate in our activities. Thank you all for your support!