Michal Skreta (Undergraduate Senate candidate)
- Candidate statement
Polish the Senate!
Endorsed by The Stanford Daily
Access to university resources should be as simple as possible. Let's make it a reality.
Through my involvement in Frosh Council and the ASSU as a Senate Associate, I learned about the minutiae of university operations. Whether I was discussing the prospects for need-blind admissions for international students with university leaders, examining the UAR's progress on revamping the PMA program on the Senate Academic Affairs Committee or benchmarking the transparency of Stanford investments, I understood how to initiate change in a quick and comprehensive manner.
What will I advocate for if I am elected?
• Establishing need-blind financial aid for international students
• Streamlining the funding process for student groups
• Abolishing printing fees
• Eliminating additional course fees
• Expanding accessibility on campus for people with disabilities
• Making the information about the university's operations more accessible
• Increasing transparency of Stanford's investments
• Subsidizing airport rides for low-income students
• Expanding the available meal plan options
• Making university gyms open for 24 hours a day
- » View/sign petition